Dick's Edinburgh, opened in October 2012, was born from a passion for the manufacturing process and beautifully-made goods with a belief that buying quality will always be the most rewarding way. We bring together a carefully selected collection of menswear, womenswear, accessories and homewares. Although we are just a small shop, we have big ideals and a global reach.
The “fashion” or clothing industry has come under a lot of pressure because of its environmental impact. The brands we sell are the complete opposite of fast fashion. They are pieces that should last for years if not decades if looked after.
We care deeply about the fabric of local communities and support companies and people who invest in those. The brands we sell often work locally and employ people on a living wage - exactly the type of job that is often needed in these places.
Our store connects the most outstanding independent manufacturers and brands, both old and new, who specialise in their craft and have a common philosophy of quality and longevity.
We respect the natural resources used to manufacture the pieces we sell, and we work as a team where everyone is as important to the success of the business.
We are now looking for a new sales associate to join our team in Stockbridge who will communicate and live our values.
The working hours will be 4 days a week on a rotating shift pattern, equating to 32 hours over a 7-day week, and the starting salary will be £11 per hour.
- Delivering an exceptional customer experience in store and online
- Providing the highest possible standards of customer care face-to-face, via telephone and email
- Delivering a high level of product knowledge
- Driving sales in the store
- POS transaction processing, handling all point of sale transactions
- Helping with visual displays within the store.
- Supporting promotions, events and launches to deliver the intended experience for customers.
- Meeting individual and team sales goals.
- Keeping the store tidy and clean, clear of any H&S hazards
- Working closely with colleagues as part of a team
- Assisting in all areas of stock control, shipping/receiving of goods and relevant paperwork
- Assisting on stock takes when required.
- Providing general administrative support when and where necessary.
- Contributing to website content
- Previous retail experience is a must
- Must enjoy working with the public
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion to learn and acquire new skills
- Great attention to detail
- Good self-management, including being punctual, flexible, getting work done on time, and being willing to improve your own performance
- Must show initiative and have a proactive approach to all tasks
To view the job and apply click here.